The 5th house is about creating
Why is the 5th house associated with creativity and giving birth?
The 5th house corresponds to the sign of Leo in the natural wheel of the Zodiac. Leo is the 5th sign in the Kalapurush. Leo represents creativity, authority and many things more.
One of the meanings of the 5th house becomes a capacity to create things (childbirth is in a way creating a new birth).
Does Jyotish or Vedic Astrology indicate potential of such experiences coming about in an individual’s life. Every chart is unique.
Let us understand this better through an example.
Chelsea Clinton as the Author and Mother
Example : Chelsea Clinton
We all know about Chelsea Clinton. She is the daughter of former U.S. President Bill Clinton and former U.S. Secretary of State and 2016 presidential candidate Hillary Clinton. More importantly she is a successful American author and global health advocate. (Bio)
What got me interested in the chart was how a short period in her life has enabled her to become a successful author with a series of books and the same period brought about motherhood with 3 wonderful children.
Below is the birth chart from Astrodatabank.
Disclaimer. The birth chart is from a public source and hence not completely verified.
Does the chart show inherent potential – Let us take a look at the main D1 birth chart:
Static potential in the birth chart
Ascendant or Lagna and its ruler
What comes to notice immediately is the inherent strength of the planets in her chart:
- Lagna Lord Venus is in the 6th house exalted in Pisces
- Moon is in its own sign as the 10th lord and then has further source of strength in the Navamsa or D9 chart as it exchanges signs with Mars
- Sun is Vargottama in the chart (repeats in the same sign in Navamsa)
- Jupiter is exalted in the Navamsa
- Saturn is placed in its own sign in the Navamsa
- Mercury is placed in its own sign in the Navamsa
- Mars has a source of strength, as explained, due to an exchange in the Navamsa
- Rahu is exalted in the Navamsa in Taurus
- Ketu is exalted in Navamsa in Scorpio
Practically all the grahas or planets have a source of strength in the chart!
General Career Direction – The Lagna lord or the ruler of the chart, Venus is exalted in the 6th house of healthcare and service. Chelsea has been a healthcare advocate. The 10th lord of career is strong in its own sign. Moon also represents nurturing and caring.
Notice that the 5th house and 5th lord are influenced by many planets all with sources of strength (like we discussed above).
- Sun, Mercury and Ketu are in the 5th house
- Jupiter, Mars and Rahu are in the 11th house aspecting the 5th house
- 5th Lord Saturn is in mutual aspect to Venus
From the Chandra Lagna, the influence on the 5th lord Mars repeats. From the Dasha Lagna (Making Venus as the Ascendant as it is the major dasha period), the 5th lord Moon is in its own sign.
Also notice, that the Natural Karaka of Children, Jupiter aspects the 5th house and the natural Karaka of writing, Mercury is in the 5th house.
The period of Motherhood and Authorship
Chelsea is the author of a series of successful bestselling books:
- Sept 2015 – Children’s Book – Venus – Jupiter
- May 2017 – Second Children’s Book, New York Times Best Seller 2017 – Venus – Jupiter
- 2017 – Co-Authored a scholarly book on global health policy Oxford Press – Venus – Jupiter
- 2018 – Authored her 3rd Children’s Book – Again a Times Best Seller – Venus – Saturn
- 2018 – Published her 4th Children’s book – Venus – Saturn
- Oct 2018 – Began work on the 5th Children’s book – Venus – Saturn
- 2019 – Co-Authored a book with Hillary Clinton – Venus – Saturn
As you can infer, Venus brings this phase as it mutually aspects the Yogakaraka and 5th Lord Saturn forming powerful Raja and Dhana Yogas.
The 5th house gets activated in the sub period of Jupiter followed by Saturn.
It is also interesting to note that Chelsea’s focus has been on health care advocacy through her writing (Venus in the 6th house exalted).
Chelsea also becomes a mother in the same period:
- Sept 2014 – First Child – Venus – Rahu
- June 2016 – Second Child – Venus – Jupiter
- July 2019 – Third Child – Venus – Saturn
Venus as the Mahadasha lord aspecting the 5th house of children brings about this period. Rahu, Jupiter and Saturn all are connected to the 5th house.
This by no means is a full analysis, however demonstrates how the activation of time periods can bring about childbirth and authorship.
Thank you for patiently reading and for your constructive feedback and insights.